Sunday, October 9, 2011

October in Seattle

Joseph Maruska, "Sea Cole" 72 x 36 oil on panel

It's definitely fall in Seattle, which means days are cooler, wetter and shorter, giving me more opportunity to visit the local galleries. 

Joseph Maruska is the featured artist this month at Patricia Rovzar Gallery. Maruska is an expert at drawing the eye deep into the painting. The colors and textures and application of paint is luscious. To me each painting tells a mystical story, revealing atmosphere infused landscapes. Maruska's show will be up through the end of October. As an added bonus, I have three of my own pieces hanging in the alcove.  I just love the way my work looks with the Maruskas. 

Alan Fulle, "Video Tower: Wish", cut epoxy materials in epoxy resin, projected video

Traver Gallery never fails to surprise me. I am especially drawn to the work of Alan Fulle and his towers that combine epoxy resins with projected video. You must experience this work in person. 


Upstairs from Traver Gallery lives the architecture firm SRG Partnership. They have designed a large open space in their entry to support a gallery highlighting local artists. This month elevate one floor up to see the beautiful landscapes of Anita Lehman. Fresh, simple and masterful. I want to drink them up. And. They are affordable.

No comments: